[Sound-open-firmware] Distribution of sof firmware and tplg files

Pierre-Louis Bossart pierre-louis.bossart at linux.intel.com
Sat Jan 11 13:17:47 CET 2020

> So basically, my proposal is:
>
> 1) create one source (tar ball file, repository tag) per SOF release
>     - all things should be there (firmware, debug files, topologies)
> 2) push stable / tested mainstream firmware files to linux-firmware
>     - licencing / copyright
> 3) push topology changes to alsa-topology-conf repo
> 4) propose UCM fixes to alsa-ucm-conf repo if required for the updated
>     topology files

I am sorry, you've lost me here.

If we push firmware through the linux-firmware tree, topology those
alsa-topology-conf and UCM through alsa-ucm-conf, then who would be the
users of the package 1)?

Conversely if people use item #1, then why should we care about 2) 3)
and 4)?

I'd like to avoid duplication of work and potential misalignment between
integration flows.