[Sound-open-firmware] Double exception when booting qemu with imx8

Daniel Baluta daniel.baluta at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 10:51:18 CET 2020

Hi Liam,

We are working on integrating support for hifi4 DSP/imx8 with Qemu.
I wonder if you had this problem when you did the work for Intel integration.

It looks like we get an exception when qemu is trying to execute first
line of code:

596f8000 <_ResetVector>:

EXCCAUSE=0000000e (PIF address error during instruction fetch)

We think that we are correctly setting memory zones:

bridge-io: qemu-bridge-iram-mem fd 10 region 1 at 0x7fcbce733000
allocated 2048 bytes
bridge-io: qemu-bridge-dram-mem fd 11 region 2 at 0x7fcbce72b000
allocated 32768 bytes
bridge-io: qemu-bridge-sdram0-mem fd 12 region 3 at 0x7fcbbc6fc000
allocated 8388608 bytes

Reading the memory from Qemu monitor or gdb connected to Qemu looks good.

thanks,
Daniel.