[Sound-open-firmware] sound-next or linux-next sof patches

Pierre-Louis Bossart pierre-louis.bossart at linux.intel.com
Mon Jan 28 17:19:12 CET 2019

> What's the closest SOF branch to linux-next or sound/for-next?
>
> Our i.MX8 boards support was only recently added in various
> trees and it is currently only in linux-next.

Every week, I select patches from Takashi and Mark's for-next tree into
the backport/v4.20-intel-audio branch and merge them on top of the
development branch topic/sof-dev. I also squash all SOF patches in
topic/sof-dev-rebase. You can take that branch and all the changes apply
it on top of linux-next, it should "just work", e.g. git cherry-pick
backport/v4.20-intel-audio..topic/sof-dev-rebase.

If you want to have a non-rebasing tree with the history, it's a bit
more complicated since there are a small number of conflicts, e.g. git
merge topic/sof-dev mostly works except where it doesn't.