[Sound-open-firmware] SOF git repo?

Liam Girdwood liam.r.girdwood at linux.intel.com
Fri Mar 16 18:32:21 CET 2018

http://git.alsa-project.org/?p=sound-open-firmware.git;a=summary

> I saw the talk @ELC2018 announcing the
> project, and looked at the nice splashy proj page at
> https://www.sofproject.org/ but it gives no hint (that I could find) of
> where to go after that.

Sorry, this site is still being developed for SOF. We have to setup a wiki,
list, etc

> And I wanted to find out more about which parts and
> for which platforms your work is focused on. Some github comparisons
> between patches sent to this list and repos in there leads me to think that
> https://github.com/plbossart/sound-open-firmware is the place to start
> looking through code.

That's Pierres development branch, main repo is above on ALSA project.

>  Just wanted to confirm that that's the right place and if so to suggest to
> a link to it from the sofproject.org .
>  I'm from Cypress and we do a lot of audio solutions in the IoT
> connectivity team I'm part of, so that led to a natural curiosity about a
> proj that is working on open sourcing sound firmware. I look forward to
> learning more about it!

In general we are looking to be like Linux, but for audio DSPs. xtensa and host
(developers PC) are the only architectures supported atm, but the design is
architecture agnostic so it will be possible to add other DSP architectures.

Liam