Question about amidi -l output

Jeroen Baten jbaten at i2rs.nl
Mon Jan 16 20:48:00 CET 2023

Hi,

I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

So the Ardour application uses the output of amidi -l to name USB
devices. In my case I now have 3 devices all named "Boutique MIDI 1",
although they are 3 different types of synth.

I already added the devices to usb-list and system-hwdb so lsusb shows
up with correct synth names.

What can I do to make amidi -l show better device names? Where do these
names come from? What lib or db should I look at to patch and submit?

I hope someone can help me.

Regards,

Jeroen Baten

--
Jeroen Baten              | EMAIL :  JBATEN at I2RS.NL
  ____  _  __              | web   :  www.i2rs.nl
   |  )|_)(_               | tel   :  +31 (0)648519096
  _|_/_| \__)              | Frisolaan 16, 4101 JK, Culemborg, the Netherlands