Add support for getting list of supported codecs

GitHub pull_request - edited github at alsa-project.org
Wed Oct 5 15:11:40 CEST 2022

alsa-project/tinycompress pull request #16 was edited from SanchayanMaity:

Right now, there is no way to expose a list of codecs from `tinycompress`. While one could theoretically call `is_codec_supported` multiple times in an application to check against a list of codecs, an API would make it easy to enumerate supported codecs. The IOCTL `SNDRV_COMPRESS_GET_CAPS` after all already exists.

Our use case is Pipewire where we would like the compressed sink node to advertise only codecs supported by the underlying hardware. So far we were just advertising the complete list of codecs and let node linking fail at runtime based on result from `is_codec_supported`.

Request URL   : https://github.com/alsa-project/tinycompress/pull/16
Patch URL     : https://github.com/alsa-project/tinycompress/pull/16.patch
Repository URL: https://github.com/alsa-project/tinycompress