(E)AC3, DTS, MPEG-H support in tinycompress and the kernel uapi?

GitHub issues - opened github at alsa-project.org
Tue Nov 22 12:42:40 CET 2022

alsa-project/tinycompress issue #20 was opened from dv1:

Have there been discussions about adding support for (E)AC3, DTS, and MPEG-H? These days, 3D Audio is a use case where the Compress-Offload API is useful. It therefore would make sense to add support for these formats. I'm talking about direct support, not through IEC958 / IEC61937 payloading. I know that some HW vendors add their own custom changes to tinycompress to support these formats, so why not add these to upstream?

Issue URL     : https://github.com/alsa-project/tinycompress/issues/20
Repository URL: https://github.com/alsa-project/tinycompress