About Cleanup ASoC

Kuninori Morimoto kuninori.morimoto.gx at renesas.com
Wed May 25 05:02:52 CEST 2022

Hi Mark, Cezary, Pierre-Louis.

Thank you for your feedbacks.

> > It seems explanation of design of the avs-driver had some shortcomings.
> > The AVS people (like me) are to blame for this :S
> >
> > The exact opposite is true - we do not want 1:N component:card relation.

OK, thanks, nice to know.
Sorry to my misunderstanding, my brain was biased.

> If you have any data connection or loopbacks between cards, or shared
> clocks, then you have DAPM events that are interesting to propagate.
> Power management is not 'simple' or even 'simpler' to me.

Yes, I agree about this.

> I am not saying having multiple cards is a bad idea, just that there are
> a number of technical opens with strong implications on the
> implementation and scaling.

Thanks.

My basic idea is step-by-step small refactoring can remove limitation
and/or add expansion.
I don't want to have big change of course,
and I'm not thinking that we can create "perfect solution"
at the beginning.

Thank you for your help !!

Best regards
---