Arch Linux Alsa Driver mic misconfigured 0000:00:1f.3

GitHub issues - opened github at alsa-project.org
Tue May 3 22:29:35 CEST 2022

alsa-project/alsa-firmware issue #6 was opened from WalterSmuts:

Hi,

I have a `Xiaomi Mi Laptop Pro X 15` running arch linux and the `pulseaudio-alsa` package seems to make sound work out of the box. Unfortunately it doesn't configure the mic properly. Attempting on a ubuntu live-usb I found the mic working. I ran the info script for both OS's (see below). My interpretation of the info dumped by the script is that ubuntu loads the `sof-audio-pci` drivers and arch linux seems to load some other intel drivers. Looking through the [arch wiki](https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Advanced_Linux_Sound_Architecture#ALSA_firmware) I see reference to some newer laptops requiring the sof drivers:

> [sof-firmware](https://archlinux.org/packages/?name=sof-firmware) and/or [alsa-ucm-conf](https://archlinux.org/packages/?name=alsa-ucm-conf) are required for some newer laptop models (mainly since 2019) because they implement their drivers with firmware provided by the [Sound Open Firmware](https://www.sofproject.org/) project.

So installing the `sof-firmware` package and restarting the laptop unfortunately still does not fix my issue. Looks to me like the old drivers are still taking preference.

Can someone guide me in the right direction here?

* [Working Ubuntu Info](http://alsa-project.org/db/?f=e66f34b60915348fa835bdde9e849119e1031651)
* [Non-working Arch Info](http://alsa-project.org/db/?f=1a4c03f9abd116c5a0b149e51e436f004fa20228)

Issue URL     : https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-firmware/issues/6
Repository URL: https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-firmware