Pandora audio using machine_is_omap3_pandora() check

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Mon Jun 27 13:40:40 CEST 2022

Hi Tony,

> Am 27.06.2022 um 11:52 schrieb Tony Lindgren <tony at atomide.com>:
>
> Hi Grazvydas,
>
> Arnd noticed that pandora audio is using machine_is_omap3_pandora() check
> that never succeeds for devicetree booting machines. Looks like this has
> been broken at some point many years ago with the devicetree conversion.
>
> Does anybody have an interest in fixing this driver?

we already have fixes by Stefan Leichter and Grond here (incl. removing any call to machine_is_omap3_pandora):

	https://git.goldelico.com/?p=letux-kernel.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/letux/sound-soc

But I don't know who can volunteer to run this series through the upstreaming discussions
and do regression tests (AFAIR the Pandora of Grond is broken and he has no replacement).

BR,
NIkolaus