Alsa-to-Jack bridge broken in alsa* 1.2.7.x

GitHub issues - opened github at alsa-project.org
Sun Jun 19 11:11:09 CEST 2022

alsa-project/alsa-lib issue #243 was opened from hlekin:

I am using a setup according to https://alsa.opensrc.org/Jack_and_Loopback_device_as_Alsa-to-Jack_bridge

Since the upgrade of alsa-lib, alsa-ucm-conf, and alsa-utils to version 1.2.7, my alsa-to-jack-bridge setup is broken:
$ jack_connect system:capture_1 ploop:playback_1
ERROR ploop:playback_1 not a valid port
A downgrade to versions 1.2.6 resolves the issue. Versions 1.2.7.1 result in the same error.

The relevant output of qjackctl 0.9.7-2 > Messages is:
Cannot write socket fd = 25 err = Broken pipe
CheckRes error
Could not write notification
ClientNotify fails name = cloop notification = 0 val1 = 0 val2 = 0
NotifyAddClient old_client fails name = ploop
Cannot write socket fd = 28 err = Broken pipe
CheckRes error
Could not write notification
ClientNotify fails name = ploop notification = 1 val1 = 0 val2 = 0
ERROR ploop:playback_1 not a valid port
ERROR ploop:playback_2 not a valid port
ERROR cloop:capture_1 not a valid port
ERROR cloop:capture_2 not a valid port

Please find attached alsa-info.sh output for alsa-versions 1.2.7.1 and 1.2.6
[alsa-info.sh-output-220619.zip](https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-lib/files/8935020/alsa-info.sh-output-220619.zip)
.
I am aware, that this is a very poor bug report. Please ask for any information you need!

By the way, many thanks for all your programs and the effort you put in to them.

Issue URL     : https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-lib/issues/243
Repository URL: https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-lib