Semantics for _SX controls

Mark Brown broonie at kernel.org
Thu Jun 2 10:59:55 CEST 2022

On Wed, Jun 01, 2022 at 02:47:28PM -0500, David Rhodes wrote:

> At the very least, cs53l30 should be patched. For the other drivers, using a

OK, great - thanks for checking.

> macro that is more explicit about the signed bit field and removes the
> max/#-steps confusion would be an improvement. Something similar to
> SOC_DOUBLE_R_S_TLV could work.

I think as a first step it's best to refactor the current info()
callback to be clearer then refactor further from there when it's
clear what we're doing.  I do think explicitly representing the
sign bit as you suggest is probably sensible, if you or someone
else with hardware could do those changes that'd be safer than me
since I don't have any relevant hardware.