[GIT PULL] ASoC fixes for v5.19-rc4-2

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Fri Jul 15 12:35:37 CEST 2022

On Fri, 15 Jul 2022 12:31:29 +0200,
Takashi Iwai wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Jul 2022 12:25:56 +0200,
> Mark Brown wrote:

> > > Hmm, this revert itself is fine, but the PR contains way too many
> > > changes than expected as a *very* late stage.  Are all those really
> > > mandatory as 5.19 fixes?  e.g. regressions that have been introduced
> > > in 5.19-rc or such?  Otherwise I prefer cherry-picking only the really
> > > needed one for now for the merge to 5.19-final.
> >
> > Ah, I suspect what's gone wrong here is that my script generated it
> > against Linus' tree but you'd not yet sent your pull request since the
> > last time I sent you changes so it has all the changes you already have
> > in it.  Regenerating it against asoc-fix-v5.19-rc4 gives:
> >
> > The following changes since commit fc976f5629afb4160ee77798b14a693eac903ffd:
> >
> >   ASoC: Intel: Skylake: Correct the handling of fmt_config flexible array (2022-07-07 17:16:40 +0100)
> >
> > are available in the Git repository at:
> >
> >   https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/broonie/sound.git tags/asoc-fix-v5.19-rc4-2
> >
> > for you to fetch changes up to 1e347f861da8ddb17e1d1b3113cb6c188e0de3e5:
> >
> >   ASoC: rockchip-i2s: Undo BCLK pinctrl changes (2022-07-14 13:25:52 +0100)

> > ASoC: Drop Rockchip BCLK management for v5.19
> >
> > As covered in the second revert commit in this pull request the version
> > of the BCLK muxing that's in v5.19 is causing issues, let's just revert
> > it and wait for the more complete support in v5.20 instead.

> > Alexandru Elisei (1):
> >       ASoC: rockchip: i2s: Fix NULL pointer dereference when pinctrl is not found
> >
> > Mark Brown (1):
> >       ASoC: rockchip-i2s: Undo BCLK pinctrl changes
>
> OK, that relieved me.  Now pulled to for-linus branch.

BTW, while we're at it: could you submit a PR for the current ASoC
for-next branch ASAP?  There are a few pending HD-audio patches that
wait for the missing recent ASoC HD-audio changes over weeks:
 https://lore.kernel.org/all/87a69ii749.wl-tiwai@suse.de/
 https://lore.kernel.org/all/874jzqi61l.wl-tiwai@suse.de/

thanks,