No Audio: MAG Z690 TOMAHAWK WIFI DDR4 & how to build info request

GitHub issues - opened github at alsa-project.org
Thu Jul 14 23:58:51 CEST 2022

alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf issue #189 was opened from Dave--G:

My MAG Z690 TOMAHAWK WIFI DDR4 motherboard has no alsa audio support.

It looks like the realtek-alc4080 audio chip is supported, just not on this motherboard due to a missing entry in `USB-Audio.conf`.
The USB audio device id is `0db0:b202`.
Currently it just displays as `USB Audio` and doesn't function at all.
This device works under windows so the hardware is functioning but no linux distro I've tried.

I attempted to address this myself, by downloading `https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf/releases/tag/v1.2.7.2`, copying it to `/usr/share/alsa` (preserving simlinks of course) and editing `ucm2/USB-Audio/USB-Audio.conf`, changing line 46 to read `		Regex "USB((0b05:(1996|1a2[07]))|(0db0:(1feb|419c|a073|b202)))"`.
However, when I execute `sudo alsa force-reload` it generates parsing errors and `pactl list sinks` does not show any changes to the device properties as expected.

Can someone please explain what I need to do to get this device working?  Am I on the right track?  Do I need to rebuild alsa from github?  It's not clear and I'm not seeing build instructions.  I've been struggling with this for quite some time so any help would be appreciated.

I will PR the fix back to this repo once its working.

Issue URL     : https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf/issues/189
Repository URL: https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf