Add interactive pause/resume functionality

GitHub pull_request - edited github at alsa-project.org
Fri Aug 26 13:01:07 CEST 2022

alsa-project/tinycompress pull request #14 was edited from LaurentiuM1234:

We want to be able to interactively pause and resume the stream.

Initially, when trying to play an MP3 song, cplay would hang during the polling on compress_write. The cause for this was probably the fact that, after calling `get_codec_mp3`, the file pointer would point to the first MP3 data, leaving out the first MP3 header. I'm assuming that this would cause the codec to hang since it wouldn't be able to find the first MP3 header.

In order to be able to use the pause/resume functionality on MP3 streams, this problem had to be addressed before adding the actual functionality.

Request URL   : https://github.com/alsa-project/tinycompress/pull/14
Patch URL     : https://github.com/alsa-project/tinycompress/pull/14.patch
Repository URL: https://github.com/alsa-project/tinycompress