Rockchip I2S commit possibly ignored

Geraldo Nascimento geraldogabriel at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 15:15:16 CEST 2022

Hi Mark,

I was looking at Rockchip I2S commits and it seems "ASoC: rockchip: i2s:
Reset the controller if soft reset failed" was supposed to have been
merged to your sound.git but never was. I don't know if this was
intentional or a real miss but in any case I'm letting you know.

According to 515b436be291ff197c52198282bbb19e79c9d197 'Merge series
"Patches to update for rockchip i2s" from Sugar Zhang
<sugar.zhang at rock-chips.com>:' it should have been merged to your tree.
In rockchip-i2s.yaml there's even documentation that references the
missing commit.

However in the alsa-devel archives,
https://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2021-August/189050.html
I see there was no commit info for the unmerged patch. Perhaps this
caused it to be black-holed?

Thanks,
Geraldo Nascimento