a52 plugin not working with PipeWire

GitHub issues - edited github at alsa-project.org
Thu Oct 21 10:13:05 CEST 2021

alsa-project/alsa-plugins issue #37 was edited from sjnewbury:

Using the lastest code since v1.2.5 I can successfully get AC3 output through HDMI when using speaker-test.  Defaults use a huge buffer and gives terrible latency, but it works.

PulseAudio also works fine with fairly low-latency using "tsched=1 tsched_buffer_size=32768 tsched_buffer_watermark=8192 fixed_latency_range=yes mmap=1".  This doesn't need the rate kludge any more.

When I try pipewire using mmap I get the below messages in the log, no audio:

`spa.alsa: alsa-pcm a52hdmi: mmap_commit wrote 512 instead of 1024`

With mmap disabled, no errors are reported, but still no sound.

Is there a configuration for pipewire which works with the a52 plugin, a pipewire bug, or is this another a52 plugin bug?

Issue URL     : https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-plugins/issues/37
Repository URL: https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-plugins