DAPM PIN switches do not update in alsamixer when changed through UCM profile

Mark Brown broonie at kernel.org
Mon Oct 4 14:58:06 CEST 2021

On Sun, Oct 03, 2021 at 06:32:13PM +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> On 10/3/21 4:46 PM, Takashi Iwai wrote:

> But it does not work for the "Headphone" and "Line Out" switches,
> these are actually hooked up to jack-detect, so I guess that the
> jack-detection is already flipping them and then when the UCM
> profile changes them it is a no-op causing the UCM setting of
> the control to not cause an event because it is not a change.

It's not meaningful or sensible to have a pin switch and jack detection
connected to the same pin, any machine driver doing that is buggy.  It's
unclear how the two would be supposed to interact and there's nothing
that makes an effort to keep them in sync.  Either jack detection should
be disconnected from DAPM and userspace responsible for managing the
paths via the pin switches or the pin switches should be removed.