DAPM PIN switches do not update in alsamixer when changed through UCM profile

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Sun Oct 3 15:12:57 CEST 2021

Hi All,

I notice that DAPM PIN switches, such as e.g. the "Headphone"
SOC_DAPM_PIN_SWITCH defined in:
sound/soc/intel/boards/cht_bsw_nau8824.c:

static const struct snd_kcontrol_new cht_mc_controls[] = {
        SOC_DAPM_PIN_SWITCH("Headphone"),
        SOC_DAPM_PIN_SWITCH("Headset Mic"),
        SOC_DAPM_PIN_SWITCH("Int Mic"),
        SOC_DAPM_PIN_SWITCH("Ext Spk"),
};

Do not get updated to reflect state-changes when the output
is switched between e.g. Headphone / "Ext Spk" by
pulseaudio/pipewire through the UCM profile mechanism.

If I exit alsa-mixer after changing the output and
start it again then the control does show the expect
value. So it seems that we are failing to send a change
event about this somewhere?

Regards,

Hans