Warning due to "ALSA: hda: intel: More comprehensive PM runtime setup for controller driver"

Heiner Kallweit hkallweit1 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 21:33:34 CET 2021

I get the following warning caused by 4f66a9ef37d3 ("ALSA: hda: intel: More
comprehensive PM runtime setup for controller driver"):

snd_hda_intel 0000:00:1f.3: Unbalanced pm_runtime_enable!

Not sure how this patch was tested because the warning is obvious.
The patch doesn't consider what the PCI sub-system does with regard to
RPM. Have a look at pci_pm_init().

I'd understand to add the call to pm_runtime_dont_use_autosuspend(),
but for all other added calls I see no justification.

If being unsure about when to use which RPM call best involve
linux-pm at vger.kernel.org.