ASUS UM425IA shows headphones and speakers despite having no headphone jack

Julian Sikorski belegdol at gmail.com
Sat May 8 08:48:30 CEST 2021

Hello,

on ASUS UM425IA Pipewire reports having both speakers and headphones
available. This machine has no headphone jack, it comes with a USB-C
dongle (which I have not tested yet). Switching between the two changes
the volume a bit - it is louder on speakers - but other than that audio
plays regardless of what is selected. Headphones were selected by
default. I have saved alsa-info.sh output here:

http://alsa-project.org/db/?f=c0a5c7eb7dbe5bf6550ba61740c7f1588b8db16e

Thank you for your support in advance.

Best regards,
Julian