Adding movable PCIe BARs support in snd_hda_intel

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Wed Mar 24 21:36:52 CET 2021

On Wed, 24 Mar 2021 16:43:02 +0100,
Andrey Grodzovsky wrote:

> I merged the patches, since it looks like my branch
> is older I didn't have chip->init_failed member and
> also seems there was a typo on ur side as there
> is no flush_work_sync, only flush_work which waits
> synchronously anyway.

Ah that must be some typos I forgot to refresh.

> Everything works fine when testing with maplyer running concurrently
> to PCI rescan cycle.
>
> Can you be more specific what are those get/put calls,
> I am thinking about some waitqueue to wait on in rescan_prepare
> after setting snd_hdac_bus_freeze,
> on wakeup it checks that a counter dropped back to zero.
> Not sure on which entity to hang this counter ?

It's something like the patch 6 in the v2 series below.
At this time, I dropped snd_hdac_bus_freeze() as this is basically
useless.

Maybe this is no optimal implementation and we might improve a bit,
but I guess you get an idea from that.

Also I added ifdef CONFIG_PM in the last patch as it obviously depends
on it.  It could be put in Kconfig somehow, too, but a simple ifdef
should suffice.

Takashi