Adding movable PCIe BARs support in snd_hda_intel

Andrey Grodzovsky andrey.grodzovsky at amd.com
Wed Mar 24 15:53:33 CET 2021

Appreciate you investing the effort in helping on this.
I will start to merge it now as it doesn't apply cleanly on my branch.

If I understand correctly your main HW access prevention mechanism during
the PCI prepare-rescan period is by bailing out on IOCTLs with the check
of power state == SNDRV_CTL_POWER_D0 or waiting when a user process closes
it's device file descriptor in patches 2 and 5. For command submission
prevention you use the freeze flag from patch 6.
If I haven't missed anything I don't see how those all protect when
new device is plugged while any of those operations are already in
flight. What prevents concurrent HW access from an IOCTL already running
and HW suspend and MMIO unampping in rescan_preapre which starts after
IOCTL began ?

Andrey