pulseaudio can't load configuration for snd_hda_intel

GitHub issues - edited github at alsa-project.org
Thu Jun 10 14:56:40 CEST 2021

alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf issue #99 was edited from hzhuang1:

In v1.2.2, the content of HDA-Intel.conf is in below. v1.2.2 is widely used, such as in ubuntu 20.04.

```
Syntax 3

Define.Use ""  # a non-empty string to use UCM configuration for HDA devices

Define.AcpCardId "$${CardIdByName:acp}"
```
With this content, pulseaudio can't load configuration from UCM. Then I tried to edit the content. Change it to
```
Define.Use "2"
```
or
```
Define.Use "3"
```
Pulseaudio worked with "options snd-hda-intel probe_mask=1" on DELL laptop.

My question is what's the real meaning of **Define.Use** at here. Why the default value of **Define.Use** is empty string? Even in latest code, the **Define.Use** is also an empty string.

Issue URL     : https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf/issues/99
Repository URL: https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf