Current version not working with Focusrite Scarlett 18i20

GitHub issues - opened github at alsa-project.org
Wed Jun 9 16:56:29 CEST 2021

alsa-project/alsa-lib issue #150 was opened from TheBitFighter:

Hello, I hope I am in the right repository for this.

My arch system updated alsa-card-profiles and alsa-utils today which caused my interface, a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 1st gen to stop working. The card was still showing up in pulse and showed output, however no sound was actually played. Input was still working fine. It sounded like the output stage of the interface had been disabled, and the problem could only be fixed by booting Windows and setting new routing settings in Scarlett MixControl. The interface had exhibited some resetting and popping behavior for a few versions now (when stopping playback, changing application and playing something else there), but continued to work (given a few instances where sample rate played mismatched sample rate sent which caused weird audio slowdowns). It only stopped working today.

What I did initially was reinstall the older versions of these two packages, which did not fix the problem. I now downgraded alsa-libs (1.2.5-2 -> 1.2.4-2), alsa-card-profiles (1:0.3.29-2 -> 1:0.3.28-1), lib32-alsa-lib (1.2.5-2 -> 1.2.4-1), alsa-topology-conf (1.2.5-1 -> 1.2.4-1), and alsa-ucm-conf (1.2.5-1 -> 1.2.4-1) which fixed the problem. (alsa-utils is at 1.2.5-2)
`cat /etc/asound/version` now reports `Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version k5.12.9-arch1-1.`
This also fixed the popping/resetting issues I had before.

 Thanks for the help! If you need any further information I am happy to help.

Issue URL     : https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-lib/issues/150
Repository URL: https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-lib