Move the call to expand variables and expressions

GitHub pull_request - edited github at alsa-project.org
Sun Dec 12 16:43:30 CET 2021

alsa-project/alsa-utils pull request #127 was edited from ranj063:

With the addition of the math expression evaluator in alsa-lib, we can use it to evaluate simple math expresionns for objects attribute values based on other attributes.

For ex: we can set the expression for buffer size as follows:

buffer_size "$[$[$in_channels * 48] * 4]"

The buffer_size attribute value will be computed with the attribute value "in_channels" based on the expression above. So if $in_channels = 2, buffer_size will be evaluated to 384.

Request URL   : https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-utils/pull/127
Patch URL     : https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-utils/pull/127.patch
Repository URL: https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-utils