[5.14 regression] "ASoC: intel: atom: Fix reference to PCM buffer address" breaks Intel SST audio

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Thu Aug 19 16:42:49 CEST 2021

Hi All,

After rebasing a set of bytcr_rt5640 patches, on top of asoc/for-next
I noticed that playing back audio would only generate random-noise / buzzing
(I did not try recording any audio).

After poking at this for a while I've found the culprit:

2e6b836312a4 ("ASoC: intel: atom: Fix reference to PCM buffer address")

If I revert that single commit then audio on Intel Bay Trail and
Cherry Trail devices works fine again with 5.14.

This is with a Fedora 34 userspace using pipewire as audiodaemon

I'm not sure what is going on here, but since the old code
changed by the broken commit has worked fine for ages and
given where we are in the devel-cycle I think it might be best
to just revert 2e6b836312a4 again.

Regards,

Hans