Kernel 5.13.6 breaks mmap with snd-hdsp module

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Mon Aug 9 08:55:47 CEST 2021

On Sun, 08 Aug 2021 21:09:38 +0200,
Jeff Woods wrote:

> I applied the patch to 5.13.9, and it did indeed solve the problem.
>
> Thank you very much!

Great, now I pushed the fix to for-linus branch, to be included in
5.14-rc6.

> For future reference, if I am reporting an issue with stable and I know the
> commit that caused it, should I contact the committer directly *and* cc the
> stable and regressions list?

Involving those relevant parties at the first place is always good.
IMO, it doesn't matter who is in Cc and who is in To.  The point is to
reduce the unnecessary hop and latency, so that developers can react
quickly.

Thanks!