Implicit feedback on BOSS GT-1, the saga continues...

Geraldo Nascimento geraldogabriel at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 08:14:13 CEST 2021

Em Qui, 8 de abr de 2021 02:36, Lucas <jaffa225man at gmail.com> escreveu:

> Well, I just got back from testing Mike's suggestion of setting the Roland
> Boutique D-05 as a playback quirk, disabling its capture quirk, and setting
> that endpoint test section to always be skipped.  Sure, enough, the D-05's
> playback is now perfectly crystal clear without the crackles associated
> with an LP record.

I know that feeling and it is wonderful.

> This is just a guess until I recompile again, but my capture from the D-05
> reports a read error, seemingly just as the vanilla mainline kernel does,
> and I think it's because I disabled its capture quirk line.  So, it seems
> to me that the D-05 needs both quirk table entries, whether or not the GT-1
> does.

Looking back to Mike's 2019 post
https://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2020-January/161733.html
we see the output of lsusb -v for the BOSS GT-1 and clearly we see that
0x8e is the implicit feedback sync EP, at least if we are to trust lsusb
-v. Therefore Mike is on the right track that the GT-1 implicit feedback
sync is for playback only.