ALC1220 and presence of ucm2/ucm.conf breaks audio

GitHub issues - opened github at alsa-project.org
Sun Apr 4 12:01:48 CEST 2021

alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf issue #86 was opened from devnull0000:

I'd want to make a better report but I am not an ALSA expert, so the issue is that after update I lose any sound and I use ALC1220 codec on MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE motherboard.

Deep googling gave me the report: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/67058
So indeed deletion of the file helped immediately.
The bug is super confusing because it looks like the device is present at alsa level but absent on Pulse Audio and it is not shown in GUI at all.

I am at alsa-ucm-conf-1.2.4, linux-5.11.11, pulseaudio 13.0, gentoo.

Issue URL     : https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf/issues/86
Repository URL: https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf