Mute LED not working on HP (Realtek ALC245)

Soham Sen sohamsendev at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 00:53:54 CET 2020

Hello,

I've been trying to debug the issue related to the microphone LED not
working under Linux. I've confirmed that the LED works in windows.
Seems like most HP laptops have this problem, and they are fixed by
adding a model= parameter, however I've tried all HP mute LED related
models on https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/sound/hd-audio/models.html
to no success. A very similar model to my laptop, running Intel HD
Audio can be fixed by using model=hp-mute-led-mic3 but this didn't
work on my laptop either.

Can I get any help on how to further debug this issue? I tried
searching for the documentation for this audio card, but wasn't able
to find anything useful.

Output of alsa-info.sh:
http://alsa-project.org/db/?f=4173cebd458b6badbc21668461e9ba2e890333c2

Thanks,