Dice firewire support

Melvin Vermeeren mail at mel.vin
Sun May 24 02:24:33 CEST 2020

Hi Takashi,

On Friday, 22 May 2020 13:36:13 CEST Melvin Vermeeren wrote:
> Since I am running 5.5.17
> (buster-backports) kernel right now I will do some testing later today to
> see if there are still any issues in this version, the Mytek is still used
> daily.

I have just tested it with 5.5.17 and can confirm this issue still exists. It
is not very noticeable when playing music but it instantly apparent when
playing a 500hz tone for a few seconds. It sounds there is some small ticking
in the background instead of a pure tone. Happens every few hundred
milliseconds or so and is fully consistent, as if a timing or cycle issue.

Next I checked with current master v5.7-rc2-1808-g40e1763b6246 (snd_dice and
snd_firewire_lib) with the same results. I believe the status is the same
posted in 2018[1][2]. The old out-of-tree have served me well throughout the
years, so I will probably keep using them for now. Perhaps this final issue
will be found one day, if I can help you with anything please let me know.

[1] https://www.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2018-June/136829.html
[2] https://www.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2018-June/137160.html

Thanks,

--