snd_dice: Clicking artifacts with TC StudioKonnekt 48

Takashi Sakamoto o-takashi at sakamocchi.jp
Wed Mar 18 07:22:31 CET 2020

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 01:51:53PM +0100, Mathias Buhr wrote:
> On 24.02.20 01:20, Takashi Sakamoto wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Sat, Feb 22, 2020 at 05:49:29PM +0100, Mathias Buhr wrote:
> >> Thanks for your reply Takashi! It clarifies the situation. I'lll stick
> >> with ffado then.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Mathias
> > Both of libffado2 and ALSA dice driver have problems for each, but it's
> > a convenient option for users of Dice-based devices to use the former,
> > at present. I've been improved ALSA dice driver for years with the other
> > drivers, but it doesn't bring so hasty changes since it's a kind of
> > reverse-engineering; no one knows the actual design and few ones can
> > make discussion based on the fact.
> >

> > Well, I also own TC Electronic Sudio Konnekt 48 and I've investigated
> > its protocol to configure I/O routings on internal DSP. After my
> > vacation, I'll send information about it for your convenience
> > (maybe next week).
> >

> > Regards
> >
> > Takashi Sakamoto
>
> Thanks Takashi! I'd appreciate that!

This is my memo about the part of configuration in this model
for analog I/O:

Addr: 0x'ffff'e0a0'13dc
Offset: quadlet: target
- 0x00: 00 00 00 00:
- 0x04: ff ff fc 18:
- 0x08: ff ff fd a8:
- 0x0c: 00 00 00 00:
- 0x10: 00 00 00 01:
- 0x14: 00 00 00 37: main out L source
- 0x18: 00 00 00 00:
- 0x1c: 00 00 00 00:
- 0x20: 00 00 00 38: main out R source
- 0x24: 00 00 00 00:
- 0x28: 00 00 00 00:
- 0x2c: 00 00 00 01:
- 0x30: 00 00 00 37: phones 1 source
- 0x34: 00 00 00 00:
- 0x38: 00 00 00 00:
- 0x3c: 00 00 00 38: phones 2 source
- 0x40: 00 00 00 00:
- 0x44: 00 00 00 00:
- 0x48: 00 00 00 01:
- 0x4c: 00 00 00 37: line 5 source
- 0x50: 00 00 00 00:
- 0x54: 00 00 00 00:
- 0x58: 00 00 00 5a: line 6 source
- 0x5c: 00 00 00 00:
- 0x60: 00 00 00 00:
- 0x64: 00 00 00 01:
- 0x68: 00 00 00 3d: line 7 source
- 0x6c: 00 00 00 00:
- 0x70: 00 00 00 00:
- 0x74: 00 00 00 3e: line 8 source
Values:
- Unused: unused
- Mic/Inst/Line input:0x01-0x0c
- S/PDIF input:       0x0d/0x0e
- ADAT input:         0x0f-0x16
- Stream input:       0x37-0x4e
- Mixer output:       0x55/0x56
- Aux 1 output:       0x57/0x58
- Aux 2 output:       0x59/0x5a
- Reverb output:      0x5b/0x5c

You can configure your device by 'firewire-request' command in
'linux-firewire-utils' repository.
https://github.com/cladisch/linux-firewire-utils

For example, when switching source of main out L from stream-1 to
mic/inst/line input 1:
$ printf %x $((0xffffe0a013dc + 0x14))
0xffffe0a013f0
$ ./firewire-request /dev/fw1 read 0xffffe0a013f0
result: 00000037
$ ./firewire-request /dev/fw1 write 0xffffe0a013f0 0x00000001
$ ./firewire-request /dev/fw1 read 0xffffe0a013f0
result: 00000001

Regards

Takashi Sakamoto