5.5.y - apply "ASoC: intel/skl/hda - export number of digital microphones via control components"

Pierre-Louis Bossart pierre-louis.bossart at linux.intel.com
Wed Mar 4 19:50:54 CET 2020

> This thread is the first suggestion I've seen that this is any kind of
> bug fix.  There's no Fixes tag and the patch description itself sounds
> like it's adding a new feature to enable new functionality in userspace
> (autodetection by UCM) and it was posted as part of a series "ASoC: SOF:
> initial cleanup for DT and multi-client support" which again doesn't
> give any indication that this might be supposed to be a bug fix.

the initial patch came from Jaroslav on 11/26, not from me. Quoting your
own words:

"Since Pierre seems happy with it even if he didn't ack it explicitly
I'll guess I'll apply it.  If git can figure out applying it after the
merge window and it doesn't get negative reviews there's no need to
resend.  If it can't and it doesn't turn up in a bigger series before
then I'll let you know.
"

That patch was however not applied, that's the confusion I was referring
to, and I included it in an SOF v2 series as agreed along with a rebase
of the DT/multiclient support stuff to avoid conflicts between patchsets.