How to populate required string as audio endpoint name in gnome audio devices tab

Jaroslav Kysela perex at perex.cz
Sat Jun 20 09:27:07 CEST 2020

Dne 20. 06. 20 v 6:18 Hui Wang napsal(a):

> On 2020/6/17 下午7:21, Jaroslav Kysela wrote:
>> Dne 17. 06. 20 v 7:47 Mukunda,Vijendar napsal(a):
>>> Renoir platform has onboard dmic + south bridge HD Audio endpoint
>>> support.
>>> For onboard Dmic, Audio endpoint name is populated as "Analog Input"
>>> in Audio input devices.
>>> How can we populate name as "Internal Mic" or "Dmic" in audio input
>>> devices tab  in sound settings?
>>>
>>> Alsa info link: https://pastebin.ubuntu.com/p/4kprhDZYbg/
>>> Pluse audio info output: https://pastebin.ubuntu.com/p/sdx9Xs234C/
>>
>> It's question for pulseaudio. For the legacy ALSA code in PA, you need
>> to create profile, mixer path and udev rules. The probe mechanism used
>> in PA looks for the volume controls and path switches (kcontrol) API
>> to determine the device name. If not found, the generic name is used.
>>
>> It's better to finish the UCM support for this hardware:
>>
>> https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf/issues/30
>
> I just added a comment on the issues/30.
>
> So far the biggest issue is how to make the ucm only apply to machines
> with renoir audio and let those ucm not affect other machines.

I know this. The latest alsa-lib can substitute $${CardIdByName:acp} and the
result will be an empty string (double $$ means ignore errors), if the acp
driver is not available. We can create a conditional configuration with this.
If PA does not see defined any verbs, it skips the ucm probe and continue with
the legacy probe.

The AMD should also create a patch to not create the acp sound card when the
hardware platform does not have digital microphones. It seems that the dmic
presence can be detected via the ACPI / _WOV table.

Thank you for your tests. I plan to finish the ACP specific config next week
and move the common HDA parts to one place. There are also other things which
I want to update for UCM configs.

					Jaroslav

--
Jaroslav Kysela <perex at perex.cz>