presonus StudioLive 24.4.2

Takashi Sakamoto o-takashi at sakamocchi.jp
Thu Jun 18 01:32:13 CEST 2020

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 06:12:48PM +0200, m.eik michalke wrote:
> hi,
>
> Am Mittwoch, 17. Juni 2020, 15:37:04 CEST schrieb Takashi Sakamoto:
> > > $ cat /proc/asound/pcm
> > > [...]
> > > 04-00: DICE : StudioLive : playback 1 : capture 1
> > > 04-01: DICE : StudioLive : playback 1 : capture 1
>
> > I suggest users to use 'alsa_in' and 'alsa_out' in jackd
> > session. Two pairs of PCM device (hw:x,0 and hw:x,1) need to be handled
> > for all of PCM channels. I'm sorry but at present total channels are not
> > available via one pair of PCM device.
>
> ok, could a hack like this also help me out?
>
>   http://www.jrigg.co.uk/linuxaudio/ice1712multi.html

Yep, the PCM multi plugin in alsa-lib seems to be available as well.

> > Well, this is a request from me. In IEEE 1394 bus, each device has
> > 'configuration ROM' which the other device can read. Linux FireWire
> > subsystem read it for device detection. I gather the ROM image[1] for
> > better detection and would I request you to send the ROM image to me
>
> sent to you off-list. hth.

I added it at below commit:
https://github.com/takaswie/am-config-roms/commit/38819873e51d

>From my curiousity, would I ask you extra check in system log (like
journalctl -k)? ALSA Dice driver supports TCAT protocol extension, and
it firstly attempts to detect it for all of devices without explicit
flags (in your case). If the device doesn't support the extension, the
attempt fails and we can see below log:

```
kernel: snd_dice fw1.0: transaction failed: timeout
```

I'm glad if you reports whether to see the above or not.

Thanks

Takashi Sakamoto