How to populate required string as audio endpoint name in gnome audio devices tab

Jaroslav Kysela perex at perex.cz
Wed Jun 17 13:21:02 CEST 2020

Dne 17. 06. 20 v 7:47 Mukunda,Vijendar napsal(a):
> Renoir platform has onboard dmic + south bridge HD Audio endpoint support.
> For onboard Dmic, Audio endpoint name is populated as "Analog Input"
> in Audio input devices.
> How can we populate name as "Internal Mic" or "Dmic" in audio input
> devices tab  in sound settings?
>
> Alsa info link: https://pastebin.ubuntu.com/p/4kprhDZYbg/
> Pluse audio info output: https://pastebin.ubuntu.com/p/sdx9Xs234C/

It's question for pulseaudio. For the legacy ALSA code in PA, you need to
create profile, mixer path and udev rules. The probe mechanism used in PA
looks for the volume controls and path switches (kcontrol) API to determine
the device name. If not found, the generic name is used.

It's better to finish the UCM support for this hardware:

https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf/issues/30

					Jaroslav

--
Jaroslav Kysela <perex at perex.cz>