alsa-lib: Bug fixes to namehint, dsnoop and minor changes

Mark Hills mark at xwax.org
Fri Jun 12 11:54:02 CEST 2020

I've been running these patches in some form for a while. Now tidied up
for RFC.

It's quite possible I misinterpreted something; the behaviours seem to be
quite long-standing, hence a first pass for comments.

This has taken me to the _avail() functions, which do not seem to be
prepared for signed output, yet callers interpret as signed and ultimately
end up in external API. Their handling of wraparound conditions etc. may
not be as expected. I've already started to look at these.

--
Mark