ALSA control service in user space

Scott Bahling sbahling at suse.com
Thu Jun 4 21:02:23 CEST 2020

Hi Takashi,

On Wed, 2020-06-03 at 19:05 +0900, Takashi Sakamoto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Today I released hinawa-rs[1], Rust bindings to libhinawa v2.0[2].

> Now instead of Python 3, I select Rust language to write the server
> programs for audio and music units on IEEE 1394 bus. The hinawa-rs helps
> the third and fourth of the above tasks.

What does this mean for the future of hinawa-utils? I have created an OSC
server interface[1] to the Tascam FW-1884 control surface using a fork of
the hinawa-utils with a few enhancements[2]. The OSC server works great for
controlling applications like Ardour with the FW-1884. I was just cleaning
up the code and was prepared to submit my patches for hinawa-utils, but if
that will go unmaintained, I might just integrate the hinawa-utils parts
into my OSC server code and only depend on libhinawa directly. What do you
recommend?

[1] https://gitlab.com/tascam-fw-1884/tascam-fw-osc
[2] https://github.com/sbahling/hinawa-utils/compare/master...fw-1884

Regards,