alsa-project alsa-ucm : Audio endpoint is not switching when external mic connected

Jaroslav Kysela perex at perex.cz
Tue Jun 2 21:39:49 CEST 2020

Dne 02. 06. 20 v 19:57 Mukunda, Vijendar napsal(a):
> We recently up streamed ACP PDM driver for Renoir APU.
>
> Our ACP IP has an internal PDM Decoder block where DMIC is directly connected.
> There are no KControls defined for PDM Driver.
>
> Our platform supports on board DMIC and South bridge Azalia (HD Audio ) endpoint .
> By default, DMIC endpoint is used as audio input device.
> When Headset Mic jack connected, it's not switching to External Mic.

Make sure that the Headset Mic priority port in pulseaudio is is greater than
the one for DMIC.

> How does audio endpoint will switch in gnome when external mic is connected?
>>From our understanding, UCM conf file for HDA driver is also required for
> configuring mixer controls for HD Audio capture device.
> Similarly when External Mic is removed , it has to switch to internal dmic .

An configuration example for UCM (DMIC connected to DSP, HDA codec for rest):

   https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf/tree/master/ucm2/sof-hda-dsp

If you need a help to create a new configuration for your hardware, show the
output from the alsa-info.sh script, please.

					Jaroslav

--
Jaroslav Kysela <perex at perex.cz>