[alsa-devel] UCM file lookup logic

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Mon Jan 27 04:38:25 CET 2020

Hi all,

I was looking at the UCM files, and most paths have the following
structure:

    <cardname>/<cardname>.conf

I noticed that the "HDA Intel PCH" configuration uses some other
scheme:

    HDA Intel PCH/HDAudio-DualCodecs.conf
    HDA Intel PCH/HDAudio-Gigabyte-ALC1220DualCodecs.conf
    HDA Intel PCH/HDAudio-Lenovo-DualCodecs.conf

How are the directory and file names determined? If I write
configuration for some random sound card that I don't have myself,
where do I find the various identifiers in the alsa-info output? I
don't even really know for sure what the <cardname> in the first
example is, I've been assuming it's the name that appears in the square
brackets in /proc/asound/cards.

I think the lookup logic should be explained in the ucm2/README.md
file. I can write a patch if someone expains the logic to me, but
probably it's easier if you just write the patch yourself.

--
Tanu

https://www.patreon.com/tanuk
https://liberapay.com/tanuk