[alsa-devel] No sound since 5.4 on skl_n88l25_s4567

Pierre-Louis Bossart pierre-louis.bossart at linux.intel.com
Wed Jan 15 02:41:27 CET 2020

>>> Please take a look, I want my sound back ._.
>>
>> Forgot to mention, it's reproducible on linux master git.
>
> Hmm...
> This patch
> 	1) removes unneeded if check
> 	2) adds missing error check.
>
> 1) shouldn't have effect to your PC.
> Thus, maybe your PC failed by 2).
> It had been worked by accident before ?
> I guess your kernel is telling some message like this ?
>
> 	ASoC: no dapm match for %s --> %s --> %s

It's likely that the topology file does not contain all the widgets/dais
required by the hard-coded routes the machine driver, and by becoming
stricter warnings became errors which in turn prevent the card from
being created. It may be that we have to define a backwards compatible
behavior that's enabled only for Intel legacy cases.

Please post the results of alsa-info.sh somewhere so that we can take a
look.