[alsa-devel] Implicit feedback solution for Boss GT-1 and maybe other devices

Keith A. Milner maillist at superlative.org
Thu Feb 20 12:24:27 CET 2020

On Thursday, 23 January 2020 10:06:58 GMT Mike Oliphant wrote:
> I received a very helpful email response to my previous thread about trying
> to get the Boss GT-1 pedalboard working reliably, and as a result I now
> have a working solution.
>
> The issue seems to be that the GT-1 does not send any capture data until it
> gets some playback data first.

Hi Mike,

In my original investigations (which you referenced) this was the conclusion I
was starting to reach, but real-world events meant I didn't have the time to
follow up on it, so I'm grateful that you have.

In the kernel.org bugzilla report you also mention that you have a potential
fix. I would be willing to test this, subject to time constraints (in other
words it may or may not take me some time to get around to testing this).

Feel free to contact me directly to send me a patch (best email address is
user kamilner on the same domain used to send this email).

For reference, I have a GT-1, a GT-001, and a 1st gen Katana I can test with.

Regards,

Keith