snd-rn-pci-acp3x - auto dmic detection unreliable

Jaroslav Kysela perex at perex.cz
Mon Dec 7 10:45:14 CET 2020

Dne 07. 12. 20 v 10:51 Mukunda,Vijendar napsal(a):

> Corrected typo error.
>
> On 07/12/20 3:19 pm, Mukunda,Vijendar wrote:

>>> AMD: You just replicated my original question without any answer (2
>>> weeks+).
>>> Do you have something to share or do you not support your code?
>>
>> We are already provided reply on 18th Nov.
>>
>> _WOV integer value should be set only when DMIC is connected to APU.
>> When DMIC is not connected to APU,  _WOV integer value should be set to
>> zero by BIOS.
>>
>>   DMIC doesn't had auto presence detect logic on AMD platforms and DMIC
>> connection to AMD platform is simple wiring.
>> Whether DMIC connected to APU or HDAUDIO codec can be decided by ODMs.
>>
> ODM BIOS has to update the _WOV method value based on DMIC connected to APU
>> or not.

Thank you. Please, format correctly your e-mail messages, do not write your
answers inside the old text without '>' markers:

https://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2020-November/177218.html

I just overlooked your lines inside my forwarded message.

So the problem is that the hardware vendors do not do the right job in this case.

			Thank you again,
					Jaroslav

--
Jaroslav Kysela <perex at perex.cz>