thinkpad t14s amd: unable to control built-in mic and headphones mic independently

GitHub issues - opened github at alsa-project.org
Sat Dec 5 15:57:45 CET 2020

alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf issue #64 was opened from tanuk:

I did some investigation on a [pulseaudio bug report](https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/pulseaudio/pulseaudio/-/issues/1067), and found that the UCM configuration for the internal mic and headset mic both use "Capture" as the CaptureMixerElem. This means that muting one device mutes also the other (and I guess volume control is shared too). In amixer output I don't see a separate control for the headset mic, but for the internal mic volume I guess "Digital" can be used (there's no switch, though).

So it seems that these changes are needed:
 - don't set CaptureMixerElem, CaptureSwitch or CaptureVolume for the headset mic
 - set the internal mic CaptureMixerElem and CaptureVolume to Digital
 - you may want to also set CaptureMasterElem for both both mics to Capture

Issue URL     : https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf/issues/64
Repository URL: https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf