More Generic Audio Graph Sound Card idea

Daniel Baluta daniel.baluta at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 09:11:29 CEST 2020

On Fri, Aug 21, 2020 at 7:16 AM Kuninori Morimoto
<kuninori.morimoto.gx at renesas.com> wrote:

> Hi Mark
> Cc Pierre-Louis, Sameer
>
> Current audio-graph-card driver has DPCM support,
> but it is limited (= Mix/Mux/TDM-split/rate-convert/channel-convert).
> It was expanded forcibly expanded.
>
> Because of it, the connection judgement for normal vs DPCM is tricky.
> I know Pierre-Louis want to use it for SOF, but something is missing,
> thus, can't use (?).

Hi Morimoto-san,

Thanks for having a look at this. I also tried to use generic machine
driver (simple-card)
with SOF but I had some trouble creating desired DPCM links.

Main limitation of simple-card is that there is no direct way of
specifying DPCM links.

I had an attempt to introduce a more flexible approach for that here:
https://lkml.org/lkml/2019/10/13/123

but obviously we can do better than that.

For now, I'm using only normal links with simple-audio card and it
works fine for
me with SOF, but in the future I think we might need to expand that.