USB audio cuts 2-3 secs at start

Stuart Naylor stuartiannaylor at outlook.com
Tue Aug 11 01:45:31 CEST 2020

Thanks for the reply.

Windows it works with and a recent firmware fix solved that as its shipped with Windows behaving the same.
The Anker Power conf has a smartphone app that makes the firmware update a button click.
I don’t think they could make a secret update to windows and also I did originally think the same.
I used sox with the -n option to constantly send a null silent stream.
The unit doesn’t seem to like that as received some weird effects with recording.
Its almost like the unit prefers to switch modes and can do so quickly but not both at once.
I guess it operates in a similar manner to wideband Bluetooth as its both USB & Bluetooth but only one connected device and interface can be used at one time.

On X86 and I say X86 as the difference might be Pulseaudio not architecture just my Socs where quick tests with aplay.
I haven’t looked at the asound.conf of Ubuntu desktop but Alsa could be set to use the PA Server.
Again I was using aplay but onX86 Ubuntu only the very first play cuts and all subsequent are then like windows.
I am fairly sure PA doesn’t employ keepalive trickles but maybe it does?

I would of probably agreed with you until my sox hack produced such an array of problems.

Stuart