wm8960 codec driver question

Alexey Shinkin alexshinkin at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 16 06:24:18 CEST 2020

Hi,

I hope this is the right place to ask .

In the driver ( soc/codecs/wm8960.c )  there is a function that sets pll -  the wm8960_set_pll() , line 1185 .
On exit , the function turns on the pll clocking like this :

	/* Turn it on */
	snd_soc_component_update_bits(component, WM8960_POWER2, 0x1, 0x1);
	msleep(250);
	snd_soc_component_update_bits(component, WM8960_CLOCK1, 0x1, 0x1);

What is the reason  for the 250 ms delay ?  I did not find anything related in the chip datasheet .

I found the delay very annoying in my app that generates an audible feedback to touchscreen events.  Looks like it is safe to comment out the msleep() call  , could there be any implications ?

Best regards,
Alex Shinkin