[4/5] chtrt5645: Remove bogus JackHWMute settings

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Mon Apr 13 16:39:05 CEST 2020

Hi,

On 4/13/20 3:19 PM, youling257 wrote:
> please also remove es8316 HeadPhones.conf JackHWMute "Speaker"

Erm, no that is not right. The ES8316 actually needs this.

The es8316 actually only has 1 amplified output (and no un-amplified
outputs IIRC). In the reference designs (appnote) for the es8316
the output is actually switched in hardware based on jack-detect.

In practice this is implemented by connecting the L/R speaker
output signals *directly* to the jack and through a analog switch
which is controlled through a GPIO to the speakers.

So when headphones are plugged in we can (and must) disable the
analog-switch so that the speakers are disconnected from the outputs
and the outputs only drive the headphones.

If we remove the JackHWMute "Speaker" and then switch the sound
to the speakers, the sound will be send to both the speakers
and the headphones at the same time; there is no way to turn off
the headphones.

So we need the JackHWMute "Speaker" here.

Regards,

Hans