[alsa-devel] [ANNOUNCE] 2019 Linux Audio miniconference

Vinod Koul vkoul at kernel.org
Fri Oct 25 12:05:39 CEST 2019

On 09-10-19, 14:16, Pierre-Louis Bossart wrote:

> On 10/9/19 1:13 PM, Mark Brown wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > As in previous years we're going to have an audio miniconference so we can
> > get together and talk through issues, especially design decisions, face to
> > face.  This year's event will be held on October 31st in Lyon, France,
> > the day after ELC-E.  This will be held at the Lyon Convention Center (the
> > ELC-E venue) and will be free of charge to attend, generously
> > sponsored by Intel.
> >
> > Thus far for the agenda we have:
> >
> >   - Use case management enhancements (Curtis)
> >   - DSP framework integration (Liam?)
> >   - Soundwire status (Pierre?)
>
> I am unfortunately not going to make it this year due to conflicts.
>
> I will repost the 50-odd SoundWire patches we have when Vinod is back at his
> desk. For now we have most of the issues ironed out, with all known race
> conditions sorted out and with audio streaming to/from SoundWire links on
> CometLake, IceLake and TigerLake, with 4 different codecs from Realtek
> supported. We are trying to clean-up the last suspend/resume issues in
> collaboration with Realtek.

Apart from x86 world, on arm side support for QC controller is on it way
to upstream (core already supports DT) and we did a demo on Dragon Board
RB3  at Connect SAN19 which uses SoundWire to talk to codec. Srini has
posted codec driver as well as master driver on ML, hopefully we will
have that merged before next merge window.

--
~Vinod